1.23.2012

A-Z Series: E is For

Laura from Beauty and the Beard is here today to kick off the second week of the A-Z Series! If you're looking for a place to find both amazing DIY projects and drool-worthy recipes, B&B is this place.  One of my favorite recipes is the cheesy gnocchi and one of my favorite DIY projects are these four seasons mugs.   Will you make me some already, Laura?! Please and thank you.

...............

Hello again lovers of A Simple Affair! 
I was thrilled when Carly asked me to do another guest post as part of this awesome series. She's a creative one, isn't she folks?

For those of you who weren't around when I stopped by previously for my DIY Statement Necklace Tree Post, Hi! I'm Laura from Beauty and the Beard- Hope you all take the chance to visit the blog later- after I share my favorite "E" things of course!

"E" Store: Etsy. This one is a gimme. Is there anyone out there who doesn't love Etsy? .........{cricket chirp}... Yeah, that's what I thought. Etsy has totally changed the way I give gifts and get DIY ideas for the apartment. There are so many talented, creative people out there, and Etsy is the crafty melting pot. A few of my favorite shops include:

Hullabazoo: The best place to get silhouette art (the little teal & white octopus below is from her shop)- i have a grey canvas with a white penguin on it at home. Super adorable, super affordable.
AshleyPahl: Her paper goods are beyond excellent. She does personalized state cutout cards for around $8- I have MN,WI,and VA in different colors and framed on our window sill.
jennijewel: If you're broke after the holidays- DON'T go click on that link for the shop, because I guarantee you'll buy something. All of her jewelry is simple, beautiful, and perfectly feminine. I'm pretty sure I've pinned just about everything in her store on Pinterest. It's a little ridiculous.


"E" Color: Emerald. Yes, I'm aware Emerald isn't a brand new trending color, but I think it is absolutely fantastic. Emerald is such a bold color for a statement piece- one that exudes confidence and class. I have an awesome emerald trench coat from a tiny boutique back in Wisconsin and a great emerald statement necklace from Urban Outfitters that I get compliments on every time I wear one of them out. Currently in search of the perfect green dress to wear to an April wedding- let me know if you find a great one out there!

"E" Product: Essie. I know the cool thing on everyone's blogs nowadays is the super adorable manicures- especially with the always perfect Essie colors. Heck, I know even Carly here has shown off her stylish nails. Well, I am one of those ridiculous people who can't keep a manicure for more than a day, so I never paint my nails. I do however always have my toenails painted..but let's get real here- no one is dying to see a pedicure photo, right? Right. Currently I am loving these Essie shades- mainly the bold ruby pink/red called Size Matters. I could definitely get ready for Valentine's day with  these babies:

Thanks again to Carly for having me along for the series!
Oh, and seriously ladies- if you find an awesome emerald dress out there-let me know!
xo laura
(Psst- you can find or follow me here: Blog / Twitter / Facebook )

...............

Some of my favorite E items:
  •  The Everygirl
  • Equipment blouse
  • Of course Essie and Etsy too
  • Enchilladas (I just couldn't leave them out)

xoxo Carly

14 comments:

MadeByMontgomery said...

Hi Carly, I love your blog...totally adorable! I found it from Laura's blog Beauty and the Beard. Your A to Z series is great and I can't wait to see the rest of the alphabet! Following now!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Fun post!

p.s following now, can't believe I wasn't already!!!!

xoxo
eileen

The Sister Studio said...

I absolutely l.o.v.e. all of these E things. Makes me love the letter E even more. ha! :)

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Ohhh I love that she chose Etsy! I am a huge fan of Etsy. I also adore emerald. Great post!!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

L.A. in the bay said...

yes to all of them! :)

Toral said...

Carly - I'm loving the A-Z series! Keep up the great work!

xo
Toral

Jalon Burton said...

I love this A to Z! I missesd a couple and had to go back so I won't miss a thing!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a happy Monday

viv said...

Etsy brightens up my day! ;)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Laura said...

You would have to add enchiladas, wouldn't you??? Haha thanks for letting me drop by again!
xoxo
laura

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love all these picks -- checking out her blog now! I know I'll love it. Can't wait for "J"!

Laura said...

Love those shades of green!xo

navy and orange said...

love the emerald and essie!

xoxo navy & orange

pam {simple details} said...

Etsy, of course! So obvious I didn't even think of it! Enchiladas, excellent choice!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

What a fun series! checking those etsy stores for sure, I love Etsy!