1.27.2012

Friday's Fancies::Blog Swap Edition

This has possibly been one of my most favorite Friday's Fancies to prep for yet!  {AV} paired me with Eileen from A Creative Day for a blog swap this fine Friday.  She could not have picked a more perfect partner for me.  I have nothing but amazing things to say about Eileen and had a blast working with her throughout the week. She is so sweet and let's not forget, talented. Get on over to her blog today!
.............

Hey Everyone! I'm Eileen from A Creative Day and I'm so excited to be over here at A Simple Affair for Friday's Fancies Swap Week! Carly is such a sweetheart, isn't she? I've LOVED working with her the past couple of weeks, and she is fast becoming one of my blogging bff's :-)


This week of Friday's Fancies was wide open for us to decide what we wanted to post about, so Carly and I decided to take two of our latest obsessions... these shoes and this pendant, and each design looks around them.  So fun, right?
gold 

































For my outfit, I chose to pull pieces that would still let the shoes be the star of the show, which they totally are. Such rockstars, don't you agree?!
This is my dream foyer design. Graphic wallpaper, a rosewood console, and antique rug mixed with my favorite books and fun accessories from Furbish feel sophisticated and still relaxed.
(lamps and mirror here)

Thanks so much for having me over Carly, much love to you all! Make sure you head over to my blog to see Carly's looks, you don't want to miss them :-)
xoxo
eileen

................

See, I told you she is awesome.  So, so happy to have you hear today, Eileen!

Happy Friday lovlies!

xoxo Carly

17 comments:

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

That shoe and pendant are great picks!! Love.

meghan said...

I love the shoe and the lighting fixture that were the inspirations for this. And that necklace is very pretty. Headed over to check out your look now!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Totally agree with Anna, love them both!

christin said...

those boots and that table belong in my apartment.

Unknown said...

Love every single thing about this outfit. That orange dress rocks!!!

Have a awesome weekend!

xoxo,
Cher
http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

viv said...

Gorgeous! I love the orange with the black and gold wedge. Such a fun post! xo
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Jalon Burton said...

FANTASTIC! Love it all - colorful, stylish, imaginative... thanks for sharing.... have a wonderful weekend

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I adore Eileen! So glad you swapped blogs today. Love her finds, too!


XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Laura said...

Great post girls! :)

Nicole Rene said...

THOSE BOOTIES!!!! AHHH Love. And that necklace is so fun!! I love all the room decor too! Especially that mirror & table! Loving all the graphic prints! So fabulous !

Have a great weekend!!

Nicole

Grace Wrightsell said...

Those shoes are to die for!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Great job!! I'm obsessing with gold right now :)

L.A. in the bay said...

love it all! :)

la petite fashionista said...

so great! i've been all about graphic wallpaper lately! i'm wishing that i could paint/put some up in my rental!so glam :)

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Loving this entryway -- especially the wall paper!

Mae B said...

omg could you have picked 2 more perfect things?! those shoes and that pendant! love it all!
xx

Nuha said...

love this room! that rug is perfection!