1.02.2012

A Very Happy New Year

I hope all of you had an amazing weekend ringing in 2012!  Boyfriend B and I went to our wonderful friend K's lakehouse where we celebrated the new year with her, her boyfriend and two other couples.  I couldn't have asked for a better, cozy night at the lake.  When we arrived K and I already had a roaring fire going. They're just the best.

Even though I have been posting about sequins and sparkly dresses, I realized I didn't have much of said items in my closet.  I had one shirt in mind and then realized I forgot it at my apartment in Madison.  That does not help me as I was not in Madison for NYE.  Instead, I went with a shiny necklace. I thought it was the perfect alternative for what I had at home. What do you think?

I also curled my hair for the first time since I don't even know when.  I had to majorly dust off a curling iron I found in my mom's bathroom drawer, and it was extremely thin.  Apparently, thinner was the trick because my hair usually does not hold curls, but it did Saturday night.  K curled it though because I am still clueless in the curling department.  Spur of the moment resolution: learn how to curl my hair.





Recap via my Instagram: cozy fire, yummy drinks, and change of apparel because I got too cold and then proceeded to sit by the fire the rest of the night. Can you blame me?!





How was your night? What did you do?

Time to get my game face on for the Rose Bowl today-Go Badgers!

22 comments:

Laura said...

You look great - I love your dress! :)

viv said...

You looked so pretty! A sparkly necklace adds the needed NYE sparkle :)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

{The Smiths} said...

What a cozy fun New Years! And of course I love the necklace. Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2012!
www.thesmithnest.blogspot.com

Stephanie and Such said...

Cute outfits!!

Happy New Year!

The Sister Studio said...

I love that necklace! You look beautiful. I'm happy you had a great NYE! :) P.S. I'm now following you on Instagram.

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Cute dress! Looks like you had a great night! Happy new year!

Chelsea said...

Oh, I just found your blog. So cute! Happy new year. xo

Val Fox said...

Last NYE I tried curling my hair too and by some miracle it worked. My curling iron broke after that and I still haven't replaced it, but I've been wanting too. Your curls look great! I love your sparkly necklace and your dress too!

Dana Frieling said...

Pretty curls and awesome dress. You're adorable! Looks like so much fun. Happy New Year!

Jena Roach said...

Pretty as always! Love your necklace :)

Annie said...

LOVE that dress you're wearing...and your hair looks great :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Michelle said...

I love your outfit, even though it's not what you planned on. It looks like you had a wonderful evening!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Love, love that necklace! It is the perfect touch for a cozy NYE! Happy New Year:)

Laura said...

You look so gorgeous! LOVE the dress and hair!

Unknown said...

I think your ensemble is perfect! Love the necklace, it's the perfect accent! And you should really style your hair like that more often because you look lovely.

designchic said...

It sounds like the perfect New Year's Eve...love your dress and perfectly curled hair - Happy 2012!!

Anonymous said...

Carly, your shiny necklace is beautiful! It looks like you all had a fun NYE!

Emily said...

So glad u stopped by! Your blog is lovely and u look so gorgeous in your nye pics! Love ur whole oufit!

Danielle Moss said...

Looks like you had a wonderful NYE! Happy New Year!

Katie*Belle said...

It looks like such a fun night!

alicia said...

your dress + necklace!! too cute.

Sweet Life Laur said...

I think the dress you chose is gorgeous! Happy New Year!