1.20.2012

Friday's Fancies::Get The Look

Happy Friday all! As I mentioned earlier, I will be taking a break from the series on Fridays so that I can include my FF posts as they are some of my favorite!  This week was focused on re-creating an outfit we had found in the blogosphere or Pinterest.

I have had my eyes on this outfit for quite some time.  I prepped this post last weekend because I was so excited for the theme, and low and behold Alison posted this outfit inspiration photo on Monday.  I absolutely still had to stick with it as it's one of my favorite color combos at the moment.

Things I love: the layering, pop of blue, texture of the bracelets, cashmere + leather, and the dainty, feminine ring.


Get This Look

Would you wear this look? Layering sweaters is not something I can say I have done before (usually just a long sleeve + sweater), but I would gladly layer the J. Crew sweaters and add the pop of blue to top off the look.

To see more Friday's Fancies, head over to {long distance loving}!

Thank you all for such amazing feedback about the A-Z Series this week! Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!
{Image via}

[on a sidenote, if you follow my blog, you'll notice that I deleted my D post from yesterday morning.  Something funky was going on with my blog, and it wasn't able to post on Facebook or update on some blogroll lists.  That absolutely does not mean I don't love my D favorites: Danielle Moss, Design Darling, and Design Darling {the boutique}. Sorry about that! Thanks so much for understanding!]

26 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I love that color combo together.

The enchanted home said...

Wow this is great how you put this together, funny not a combination I would have thought of, yet it looks AMAZING! Thanks for the heads up!

Susan said...

I saw this picture a while back! I forgot how awesome it was. Those colors go really well together! I love the combination! I've never layered sweaters either, but I would be fun to try! Those accessories are all perfect with it too, and that leather jacket would be such a dream. Have a fantastic weekend Carly!!

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Carly, I have been crushing on this outfit all winter! I love the color blocking with the jewel tones...especially during the winter, I love pops of color! I just happened upon your blog via long distance loving's friday's fancies and I am a new follower!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Friday!!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I would totally rock this! Love those pops of color and the idea of layering sweaters-Ive never done that either but I may need to try it!

Dana Frieling said...

Glad to know you're not prejudiced towards "Ds!" And, yes, to the Michael Kors watch, please!

Lauren {Stylized Existence} said...

I would definitely wear this. You found such perfect pieces to re-create!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Love the look Carly! I would definitely use this outfit for inspiration and the colors are so fun to brighten up winter! xo

Laura said...

Love all the colours - have a great weekend!

Laura xo

viv said...

Gorgeous colors! I pinned this image as well and love that now I can recreate it for myself :)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

The Sister Studio said...

Carly, I absolutely LOVE this. I want to purchase these items and wear it TODAY. Great post. Happy Friday, pretty girl! :)

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

love this outfit!! And I hope your blog gets figured out -- I don't want it going anywhere!

Jena Roach said...

Oo very cute! I wish I could layer sweaters, but in TX it's usually too hot for one! :)

Secondhand Stella said...

I love this color combination. Its unexpected and fun.

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Love the color combo of fushia and red together! I would def layer sweaters! Especially in this freezing Ohio weather...brrrr... :)

Jamie said...

Cute combo

Kate @ Daffodils said...

O that is such a classic look!

pam {simple details} said...

Love your inspriation, I probably wouldn't have layered sweaters, but now you have me thinking it's very cute!

Val said...

What a fun and colorful outfit!

henning love said...

gorgeous look! i love it

Nicole Rene said...

I would have never thought to mix red, maroon, tan & blue but I Have to say I am absolutely a fan & absolutely loving it! And wow that watch is amaaazing!!!

Love your style! :) Have a nice weekend!!

http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

Nuha said...

i LOVE that pop of blue against the red...so pretty!

L.A. in the bay said...

in love!

Bela Monstro said...

Oh i just loved the combination of colours!

Eliza :: Case Study said...

I'm seriously in love with this look! It's really beautiful :) I'm a new follower! Hope you're having a great weekend. xoxo, e
http://asteroid-325.blogspot.com

erica said...

How much fun is this look! I am loving the brilliant color combination! xo