2.14.2012

A-Z Series: R is For

Happy Valentine's Day! I have really been feeling the love lately in the blogosphere, and I can't thank you enough-it truly means the world to me! 

Not going to lie, I did a little happy dance at my computer when Mackenzie agreed to participate in the A-Z Series. Design Darling is one of my all time favorite blogs, and words cannot describe my excitement for Design Darling {the boutique}. Mackenzie is constantly inspiring and not to mention shares fabulous finds at handsome prices (i.e. budget friendly). I could not be more excited to have her with us today.

...............

Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm excited to be guest posting on Carly's adorable blog A Simple Affair today. How fun is this series? My letter is "R" and here are some of my favorites...
Raspberries because they're delicious, healthy, and pretty. Rebecca Minkoff because I think I'd like to own every bag she's ever designed. Red and pink because, really, has there ever been a more festive color combo? Especially on Miss Emma Stone... Red lipstick because there's no easier way to feel instantly chic! Ruffles because I'm a girly girl through and through. Bonus points for backless! Redheads because I'm all in favor of embracing my natural color! And last but not least... Reading... of the blog and magazine variety, of course!

Thank you, Carly, for having me!

...............

Fabulous picks Mackenzie-redheads has to be my favorite :)

Reading more often was one of my New Year's Resolutions, and I sadly have not acted upon that.  Good thing it's only February.  I will continue to work on that. 

I also adore my Ray-Bans and rag & bone skinny jeans [as seen here and here].

And last but most certainly not least, everything Rachel Zoe.  I'll take this dress with these wedges.  And can I meet you RZ?! Please and thank you.



17 comments:

Lynzy said...

I am obsessed with the red and pink trend. SO girl, yet so chic at the same time! :)

xx
Lynzy

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ahhh so fun to have Mackenzie over... so fun!

Happy Valentine's day sweet girl :-)

xoxo
eileen

Susan said...

I love her blog! Mackenzie's fantastic! I've yet to get the Ray Ban's but my sisters are hooked, they love theirs! I'm definitely a ruffles girl myself, and will be sporting red and pink today! Happy Valentine's Day Carly!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I'll take them all.... especially the red & pink today! Have a great one!

christin said...

fab picks. i really love my raybans too. to bad i'm a loser and throw them around in my bad and they're all scratched. ugh.

Erin said...

I love Design Darling!! And what a fun idea for a series. Happy V-Day! : )

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love Design Darling!! Her picks are fabulous. Couldn't agree more about Rebecca Minkoff and red lips! :)

viv said...

So fun to see Mackenzie over here! I love ALL these "R" picks. Rag and Bone skinnies have to be one of my all time favorite pieces of clothing!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love Mackenzie's picks!

Jalon Burton said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you both! You two are the best!

Nat said...

Love this! Totally agree with all of Mackenzie's and of course Rachel Zoe- how could you not love her?!

Unknown said...

totally agree with you in the red lipstick, It's damn hot...also i love Vogue!
Happy Valentine's day
htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

she basically nailed the "R"s love red lips, rebecca minkoff, and red heads!

Stephanie said...

I'm in love with the red & pink outfits. I just bought some pink skinnies over the weekend so I'm hoping to incorporate this trend into my spring wardrobe!

Just discovered your blog, btw. What an adorable series! I like what you got goin' on here, lady :)

xo,
Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love all her "r's". And yes for Ray-Ban's, I can't live without them!

Mae B said...

LOVE! definitely agree with Ray-Bans! xx

L.A. in the bay said...

oh em gee, yes to everything!