2.23.2012

A-Z Series: X is For

I should mention that I have given up shopping for Lent (i.e. for 40 days).  I will be living vicariously through blog posts and you all from this point on.  I was inspired by an old friend last night and also from {av}'s spending freeze over at {long distance loving}.  I figured I needed to post this on the blogosphere to help hold myself more accountable.
 
Moving on, Jackie from York Avenue brought her A-game for the letter X today.  I fell in love with every single image upon first glance.  Over at her blog, you can find daily interior design and fashion inspiration in addition to mouth-watering recipes, book reviews, and go-to places in NYC. She really is all that and a bag of chips.  Does anyone even say that anymore.....besides me?!

............

Hello, it's Jackie from York Avenue, and I'm super excited to be participating in Carly's A-Z blog series! A Simple Affair is a daily inspiration to me, and Carly is one of the sweetest, friendliest people I've "met" so far in the blogosphere. I didn't have to mull over what to feature for the letter "X" for too long, as the answer was right in Carly's e-mail sign-off: XOXO! After all, who doesn't love hugs and kisses? So here's a round-up of some of my favorite XOXO items:

Blair from Atlantic-Pacific, rocking gorgeous XO rings from JewelMint

Rebecca Minkoff XOXO coin purse (with leopard print lining! Yes, please.)
Joie de Vie Paperie XOXO stamp-you can make your own gorgeous letterpress stationery!

XOXO sequin letters from Twisted Twig-totally customizable to any letters or colors you choose, but I'm loving the gold XOXO!

Bisous (French for kisses) is written underneath an XOXO image created from vintage French maps in this print from The Sweet Unfolding


This Square Framed XO set says XO from afar, amd much more up close.

A unique card says XOXO in sign language-from Etsy shop Russell and Salguero

It's not XOXO, but I can't resist throwing in this X tote, since I'm obsessed with Alphabet Bags! And hey, you can always buy the "X" and the "O"!

And a final "XOXO" to Carly, for inviting me to participate in this great blog series!

............

Jackie, there are no words that describe the greatness that is this post.  I actually would like to own every single item. Amazing roundup.

Today you can find me over at Lou Lou's Life Lessons playing RZ for the day and picking my favorite Piperlime pieces for Spring.

16 comments:

Nicole said...

Umm this is the cutest! Xoxo!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Hmmm, LOVE all these xo images, seriously!

christin said...

those sequin letters are going to live in my apartment, i think in the entry. and i need that XO for above my bed. too sweet!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

So cute, Love her picks!

Jackie said...

Thanks for having me, Carly! You are the best and this was so much fun :)

viv said...

Looooove the XO rings on Bee! And of course, love Jackie as well ;)

TheWhitList said...

What a clever way to use the letter X! I was wondering what it would be! Those XOXO items are all adorable. Great post!

Taylor said...

I've been lusting after those XO rings for so long now!! I need to just make the move and get them! I really want the sparkle letter for my bar cart too!

itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Such an inspired collection! Love this trend, especially since it's a signature signoff anyways!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Nat said...

Loving all the xoxo picks!
I gave up shopping for lent last year and to be honest it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be and I totally treated myself to something fabulous when it was over! Good luck!

Alexa said...

Ah good for you to not shop! :) Love Jackie and her sweet post...she has such great taste!

Champagne Cocktails, Cashmere Dreams said...

loved Blair's xoxo rings! Such a great post!!

http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Great post with a hard letter!! Love the pics she choose. x

Mae B said...

Bravo Jackie! This is the best post! Love all of those picks.
xx

Petite said...

Love it! xoxo

pam {simple details} said...

She is one creative girl! Love every.single.thing! And, her blog!