2.17.2012

Friday's Fancies::Meet me in Paris

Today is my 100th post?! I can't even believe it.  What better way to celebrate than to dress myself for a fake trip to Paris? Ya, that'll do.  The theme this week is let's fly away.  Of course I would love to go some place warm, and while we're on that topic, anyone looking for a visitor in April because this girl still gets a Spring Break? Let me know.  I need to work on my tan.

I have gone to Paris twice thanks to Irish dance.  I was in high school, and we were running around the gorgeous city before headed to dance festivals to perform.  I did not have the appreciation of  fashion that I do now and can only imagine how inspiring the city would be.  I'm also envisioning not having a spending limit, which applies to my outfit, more specifically this Celine bag. A girl can dream.


Um did you catch that the flats are named after me? Yes, me specifically. Wouldn't it be nice to get a discount on things that have our name? I would have these flats in all sorts of color combinations.

No there is not a lot of color in this post, but I love how sophisticated black and gold are paired together.  To spice things up, I added some texture with the fur coat and pattern with the skinny jeans.

Let's pause for a moment and just recognize how fabulous BaubleBar is.

[pause]

Fabulous right? Affordable and unique pieces all from the same place? Count me in.

And now, let's get back to reality for a minute.  Some of these pieces aren't quite in the price range that I'm willing to spend on clothes right now.  This girl may need to buy a car in the near future.  So if you're looking for leopard skinnies, may I present to you these beauties from Target.  See? Much more realistic, especially for a piece I probably wouldn't wear all too often.  Yes, I realize these are from the Juniors' department, but if you have a Target near you, you should be able to find some there!

As always, head on over to the fabulous blog {long distance loving} for more Friday's Fancies!

As a sidenote, I'd take a white Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Just in case you were wondering.

Happy Friday!!! xo

26 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love it, casual but very chic and sophisticated and "Paris ready"....how I wish I was going there today!!

Unknown said...

Oh Paris is on my bucket list. It is simply gorgeous. And your outfit, wow love it, those shoes pretty much rock!

Have a fab weekened girl :)

xo,
Cher

Laura said...

Lovely chic outfit, perfect for Paris!

Have a great weekend Carly! xo

christin said...

there is NOTHING named Christin and no, i'm not bitter or anything. this is how i dress all the time and i feel like...perhaps...i should add color. but you know what? when you're half awake, reaching into your closet it is really comforting to know that everything matches.

Susan said...

Whoa Carly! That's a wonderful outfit! And I'm with you girl that Celine bag is oh so gorgeous!! I'd take one in a heartbeat! Have a wonderful weekend, relax relax RELAX! :)

Secondhand Stella said...

Oooo, all these pieces are perfect for a Paris getaway!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

the perfect outfit for Paris my love! I am loving BaubleBar as well, I picked some earrings for my post today:)

Dana Frieling said...

Happy 100th, Carly! Right there with ya with the Grand Cherokee.

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ummm I want to go to paris with you! LOVE your outfit happy weekend girlie!

xoxo
eileen

Audrey said...

LOVE the whole outfit! The Celine bag is absolutely gorgeous. Love the ASOS jacket too!

xo Audrey
mangosmiles.blogspot.com

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

We.Are. The. Same. Person. I have a white jeep and I miss her everyday. FAB outfit. Just jetset with me next week. xo

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Love it - what a perfect Parisian ensemble!!

viv said...

You are too funny!
I love the bag, the skinny leopard jeans, the Carly flats! All about this is Parisian chic.
And just come to NYC in April!
xo

Natalie said...

Love that fur coat! And I want to get those leopard skinnies from Target -- soo cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tess Atkinson said...

This is a great look you've pulled together! I love your blog too, it's so girly! x

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love that you chose Paris- and I love the outfit you picked! Black oversized fur+leopard skinnies. You would look so great walking around Paris in that!

Nat said...

Love your outfit- perfect for Paris!

Whit said...

Love the coat!

The Sister Studio said...

You are so adorable. I love this post and, wow, that is a great deal on leo skinny pants. I need me a pair of those! Happy Friday, Carly!

Champagne Cocktails, Cashmere Dreams said...

love the flats and the earrings!! Congratulations on 100th post!!!

http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com

Val said...

Oh Paris...Oh how I love thee. Congrats on your 100th!!!

Daniela said...

definitely love those flats!!

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

I would die to go to Paris...and to have that Celine bag :) Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

wooow I really love paris! I like this post!!! cam to visit my blog and if you like we can follow each other? Keep in touch with fashion (also on facebook !) my Facebook page have a wonderful day… keep in touch…

Nicole Rene said...

that jacket is freaking fabulous!!!

L.A. in the bay said...

Oh yes, can I join you?