2.08.2012

A-Z Series: O is For

Dana from Make Them Wonder is gracing us with her presence on the blog today, and I couldn't be happier to have her here.  Dana is one of my go-to ladies for design inspiration.  Just check out her latest project in her kitchen, and you'll see what I'm talking about.  Amazing right?? She also keeps us in the loop on great budget-friendly DIY projects, and her Random Acts of Kindness series will motivate you to get out there and perform your own random acts of kindness yourself. I could keep going, but we should get to her post already.

................

I'm not gonna lie...when Carly asked me to be a part of her 'great idea of a series' and handed me the letter "o" I wasn't exactly quick to accept. I mulled on this letter for days...wondering if I could pull it off! Funny that I call my blog Make Them Wonder and here I am doing the wondering. Ironic, right?
Come to find out, there are loads of fun things that begin with the letter 'O' like owls, of course.
**images:  {row 1} owl candleowl pillow {row 2} owl statues, owl platesowl measuring cups

This fun little trend is a great way to bring a conversation piece into your home. Whooo wouldn't like that? (yeah, that was bad, sorry!)
Any of you share my love for Opals? Notice the trendy mint green color of this little beauty. I seem to remember a recent post by a certain blogger mentioning this as her color crush. Wonder who that was?!!


Crate & Barrel has some great "O" products. How about their Oslo Table and their Olin Rug? Not bad, huh?
Let's go Off the beaten path a little bit and think Outside the box. Decor and fashion are great, but what would life be without Oreos?


Fun little Valentine's idea...take an Oreo Cakester, cut it with a heart cookie cutter then roll the edges in red and pink sprinkles!

Okay Carly, my last "O" favorite is in honor of you...
Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

Here's a fun idea I found on Pinterest:
Have each teacher secretly sign "Oh, the Places You'll Go" from Pre-K to High School at the end of each year and give it to your child at graduation.
Oh, that was so much fun! Thank you, Carly for asking me to share today. I hope you guys will take a minute to visit me, I love making new friends! -Dana

........


A mint green necklace and Oh, the Places You'll Go?! Dana, you know me too well.  As a future teacher, I would LOVE to sign a student's book for them to receive at graduation. So thoughtful. Oh, and I really don't know what life would be like without Oreos, and I don't want to find out.

I also love OPI and Old Navy, which by the way has really stepped up its game.  Nothing like gorgeous pieces with even more gorgeous price tags.

20 comments:

christin said...

I too love owls and oreos. In fact, I'd like some oreos, in a bowl, with milk on them. Carly, meet oreo soup. Gods gift to us in a bowl. Happy Wednesday!

Dana Frieling said...

Excited to be a part of your blog today, Carly. Thanks for having me!

pam {simple details} said...

Perfect choices, my friend! Love the rug and I think I need a cute little owl, and an oreo!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I have the Olin rug and I love it! So fun. I love the heart oreos too...I haven't had one in years but this morning they are looking pretty good!

Jalon Burton said...

VERY CLEVER!!!! I love the thought behind this post! Great job. Thanks for the series and thanks for sharing the great images. Hope you both have a wonderful Wednesday.

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love Oreos. Best part of the series.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Couldn't agree more with Dana's picks! I love OPI nailpolishes, too!

The Sister Studio said...

Aw, these are some fantastic O things. I just love this series!

design elements said...

wonderful choices!

jessica@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com said...

Dana did a fantastic job with O! Love love love the signed book idea!

Un coup d'aile said...

Owl is the mascot of my hometown of Dijon, FRance

Sarah said...

Those oreos are adorrrable!

I also love Old Navy, I just got some great stuff from there last weekend!

Laura said...

Love those heart shaped oreo's, so cute! xo

Jennifer said...

I love all the owl home goods :0

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Susan said...

I'm so doing that with that book!! What a great idea! I'm a big fan of the opals myself!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh those oreos look sooooo good!! Agree with you Carly, can't leave Opi and Old Navy behind! ;)
And let's not forget about Oscar de la Renta ;)

Mae B said...

I'm terrified of birds, so I can't support the owls! ha! but I love everything else! great picks
xx

Heather said...

I'm seeing owls everywhere and I love it!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Love those cute little owls! And really thinking about purchasing that Crate and Barrel rug now! great "O's"!! :)

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

HI Carly, I found your blog from Dana. I'm so glad she was able to guest post! I love this series. Very clever!
And Oreo's and Milk, really, does it get any better!