2.15.2012

A-Z Series: S is For

 This lovely lady may not need much of an introduction.  Liz from Sequins & Stripes (one of my favorite S blogs and blogs in general for that matter) is here to share her favorite "S" items today. I was so happy when Liz said she would participate in the series.  She provides daily inspiration on her blog and recently announced Elizabeth Schneider Style. This is someone you need to look out for, friends.  I can only imagine where she will go from here with all of her talent.
.............. 
Hi there! It's Liz from the fashion and style blog, Sequins & Stripes, and I am thrilled to be here sharing my favorite things that begin with "S." Luckily, I didn't have to think very hard on this one, given that sequins and stripes are two of my favorite things {clearly!}...



Aside from sequins and stripes, I tend to countdown the days until summer returns to chilly Chicago, and who doesn't love Saturdays and Sundays {especially when each day is celebrated with a tasty brunch?!}. One last favorite that begins with "S", Styling! And if you read my blog, you probably saw that I recently launched my personal styling website - Elizabeth Schneider Style

A huge thank you to Carly for hosting me today, and don't forget to stop by Sequins & Stripes to find daily inspiration for a styled life! 

{image credit: summertime & brunch}
...................

Thanks so much for stopping by today Liz! Oh how I love looking forward to Saturdays and Sundays, more specifically when they happen to be in the summer.  Is it too soon to start a countdown?? I will forever be a fan of sequins and stripes, both in my closet and as a daily blog read.

I, of course, have to give some love to ShopBop.

My new Sorel boots [last seen here] have helped get me through the winter and recess duty.

There is also nothing better than driving around in the summer with my windows rolled down singing along to country music (yes, I am a country music lover, think what you want).

And one of my favorite shows to watch in the summer is So You Think You Can Dance. The talent is unbelievable.  I will never forget Alex and Twitch's routine.  UNREAL.

I almost forgot the sock bun.  That would've been awkward as it's my favorite updo, and you have had to hear about it several times.  Did you see the tutorial awhile back?

What are some of your favorite "S" items?
 
 

19 comments:

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Love Liz's picks! Can't wait till summer!

xoxo
eileen

Dana Frieling said...

My daughter was just asking for a fedora. Looks like I need to head to Old Navy. Liz did a great job!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for having me today!! LOVE this series! xoxo

Laura said...

Perfect S picks - especially love the addition of Saturday & Sunday :)

Laura xo

Jalon Burton said...

Two of my favorite girls in one blog! It is a perfect pairing. Thanks so much and I hope both of you have a wonderful Wednesday

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

Great S picks. So glad to have found your blog! I would have to add to the list: sweet tea, swimsuits and skinny jeans (in every color! Great series.

christin said...

Saturday, my last name starts with S, sleeping...AND sbooze. It was worth a shot.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Liz has such great taste! I adore sparkles, sequins, and especially summertime myself! :)

XO,

Sam

viv said...

Love Liz! Her taste is seriously impeccable and so are her "S" picks!

Susan said...

I love Liz's blog! She's so talented! But I'm with you my friend, windows down, country music and I am one happy camper! Man, can it come faster?! Just kidding! Have a great day girl (I owe you an email)

Audrey said...

I love both of your blogs! Such talented girls with amazing taste. My Sorel boots also get me through the winters, both in Ohio and Vermont (equally treacherous winters!)

But of course, Saturdays & Sundays will always be my favorite S's :) LOVE this series!

xo Audrey
mangosmiles.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Love love love these choices! Liz did awesome!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Loving all of these picks!

Mae B said...

um sequins and stripes...is there anything better?!
xx

Ashley said...

I totally agree with these S items. Shopbop and summer - yes please!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog, and I'm in love with this series! Going back to read the rest of them!

pam {simple details} said...

I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing a lot of stripes all spring and summer! Fun post!

L.A. in the bay said...

could not agree more Liz!!

ashley nicole catherine said...

that laptop bag is INSANE. must.have.now.
xo