2.21.2012

A-Z Series: V is For

Meet McKenzie from Spoonful of Style: the reason I started blogging in the first place.  McKenzie and I grew up in the same town and went to high school together and have since reconnected thanks to blogging land.  She recently moved back to the good 'ole Midwest and is continuing to inspire no matter where her location.  Her style is simply impeccable.

.............

Hi! I'm McKenzie from Spoonful of Style and I'm thrilled to be here today sharing a few of my favorite things on Carly's blog. I thought I was in for a vicious challenge with the 22nd letter of the alphabet. But as it turns out, I'm swooning over more than just a few things that start with the letter "V." Check 'em out:
Vases to give fresh flowers a pretty home . . . Red velvet cake as a super sweet {and delicious!} indulgence . . . Vintage everything, obviously {earrings, clutches & photos} . . . Valentine's Day because we could all use a little more love . . . Valentino. Enough said . . . And shades of violet to cheerfully carry us into Spring . . .

Thanks so much for having me, Carly! xoxo

.............

I can't thank you enough for not only being a part of the series, McKenzie, but for inspiring me to start a blog in the first place.  Not to mention, thank you for answering all of my ridiculous questions!

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these V picks.  My three additions would have to be:

1. VitaRain from Costco. Yes, I'm very serious about this.

2. Vera Wang wedding dresses

3. Anything VINCE, but most importantly this dress:



Isn't she a beauty?

16 comments:

Liz said...

oh yes. vince can do no wrong! and love her list! vintage + red velvet.. yes please!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Can't believe your series is almost over, I've loved it so much!!

Valentino is my love, I saw his exhibit in Rome and it changed my life!

xoxo
eileen

Jalon Burton said...

Who would have thought that you could find so many items for each letter of the alphabet and especially "V"! Great job...
almost to "Z"... what will it be?? Hey, I'm a poet! LOL Thanks so much for sharing and have a terrific Tuesday.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

So many "V" goodies. Valentino... can't go wrong with that!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So many great V picks here- I adore Vera Wang, Vince, vases, and especially vintage!!! Great job to McKenzie. :)

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love this series!! Can you start over when the alphabet ends? Please?

viv said...

Valentino and Vince have to be my favorites!! I love the letter V. I wonder why... ;)
xox

Laura said...

Haha I remember you drinking vitarain every day in Spanish!!!! Love her V collection, so perfect.

Taylor said...

love vince + love that dress!! and I would eat relvet everyday if I could!!
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Whit said...

Love red velvet cake! And Vera Wang and Vince are my favorites :) Great choices!! xoxo

Landi said...

You wouldn't think there were so many wonderful & addictive V's out there!! Of those, Vince and vintage would be my favorite :)

Shannon Darrough said...

All fabulous "V" picks ... I need to try this VitaRain on my next jaunt to CostCo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love vintage! And Valentino of course!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Love all of these picks -- Especially the Valentino!
Oh - Fancy That.

Mae B said...

Valentino and Vintage...bring it on!
xx

L.A. in the bay said...

couldn't agree more!