9.21.2012

Bucket List: Fall Edition

So last week I made a mental fall to-do list and forgot to share it, but I'll have you know that it hasn't stopped me from starting to cross items off said mental list. Which for all of you fellow type-A personality types out there you know I'll be making a list later today just so I can cross these items off. 

I digress. Back to the list.

1. Bake something with pumpkin.

All right so this is not your 'typical' pumpkin recipe because it's more a healthy take on chocolate muffins, but there is indeed pumpkin in them, and they are delicious.Thanks, Mrs. Mac!

Three Ingredient Muffins
 1 box of dark chocolate cake mix
15 oz can of pumpkin
as many dark chocolate chips your heart so desires 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20{ish} minutes-test with a toothpick!

Word to the wise: these muffins will look exactly the same when you take them out as when you put them in so don't feel defeated if some look like craters. They are still delicious.

2. Get outside & enjoy the fresh, crisp air. As often as possible.

I tried to go to an apple orchard with the boy {#3} but go figure, there is an apple shortage so you can't pick your own. However, I will not let this take a toll on the amount of apple crisp I make this fall.

What's on your fall bucket list?

12 comments:

christin said...

Hmmm...those muffins are intriguing. I'd assume the apple shortage due to the fact that it was hot as hell in the midwest all summer.

Autumn Moonshine said...

Apple shortage! Noooo...thats my favorite fall activity.

Love those boots :)

Tiffany Leigh said...

I love the idea of a fall bucket list! I would love to go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin with the boy.

Carly said...

Yum! Those muffins look delish! I posted my to-do list here.

Alyssa said...

I rarely make things with pumpkin (besides pumpkin pie) but those muffins sound so interesting. Anything I can add a ton of chocolate to is good in my book!

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love this! I'll have to make these for my housewarming party this weekend :)

Xo,
Maya

charminglystyled.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

I have multiple pumpkin recipes pinned and ready for this weekend, but I might have to add these!

Thank you for your sweet comment - your blog is gorgeous! Consider me a new follower :)

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I love fall -- it's by far my favorite season. On my bucket list is visiting an apple orchard, and going to many football games! xo
Isn’t That Charming.

erica said...

I love the sound of leaves crunching and I will definitely have to give those muffins a try. xo

The Curvy Girl said...

I will be going by the grocery today to get the ingredients...YUM!!!!

meghan said...

I can't wait to make these muffins! They look delicious and are so so easy!