10.29.2012

From the Kitchen: Apple Crisp

Hope you all enjoyed your pre-Halloween weekend! Mine was filled with lots of candy and only the best movies, Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. I have very high standards obviously. I thought this would be the perfect week to share one of my favorite fall recipes.


We got the recipe from Barthel Fruit Farm, our go-to spot for apple picking. My dad and I whipped up this bad boy last weekend, and it didn't last very long.


Preheat oven to 350. Layer sliced apples in a greased 8x8 pan and then mix remaining ingredients over the apples. Bake for 30 minutes or until toppings are golden brown.

Serve à la mode, and it is just heavenly.

16 comments:

Susan said...

Yum yum yum! This sounds like such an easy recipe. I'd love to try it!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

We just ate apple pie and ice cream yesterday! This looks yummy ;)

viv said...

YUM!!!

The enchanted home said...

One of my all time favorite desserts....LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Yum! that looks delicious... pretty sure I'm going to need to add this recipe to my November "to make" list! xo. ashley

lauren said...

This looks absolutely delicious.. might have to make a run to the grocery store later.

ashley nicole catherine said...

hocus pocus is my all-time fave halloween movie!! also, loving this recipe!

Unknown said...

Looks amazing!

erica said...

Yum! Apple crisp is my favorite! xx

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

One of my favorites and this looks absolutely yummy!
PS LOVE Hocus Pocus!

Unknown said...

It looks so good...I definitely have to try this!

la petite fashionista said...

aw so perfectly fall!! PS love the curly hair below :D

Caitlin C. said...

I watched Halloweentown this weekend too!! Oh, Disney Channel. Do you remember "Don't look under the bed"? That was always my favorite movie! And holy moly this apple crisp looks delish. Will definitely be making this soon!

Allison said...

Hocus Pocus + dessert sounds like fall perfection to me!!

Anonymous said...

Looks completely delectable and I wish I had some to try right about now!! I wish my dad would make yummy desserts with me! Ha - yea right ;) He'll wait while I make it, then eat it all!!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Yum this sounds & looks delicious!
Isn’t That Charming.