12.15.2011

How Sweet It Is

Remember that feeling in college after a really long semester and that first day you're on winter break? Ya, that was me yesterday.  I continued to watch more Hallmark movies.  Why is it that no matter how many times I watch the cheesy Christmas movies, I cry?  I am such a sap.  I was also in denial that I am officially done with undergrad classes.  Where did the time go? On to student teaching with some amazing third graders in the spring! Today, we technically still have two classes, but we're just eating and telling each other how much love each other (that is a very serious statement).  Then I get to go watch my first graders in their Christmas concert - holy cuteness. 

So what will I be doing over winter break?  Well, I would like to master wrapping that's for sure.  Remember these gifts here? This was the first time I ever attempted to make my presents presentable Coincidence the word present is in presentable? I think not.  I used to wrap as fast as possible, and my family can vouch for me on this one:  they weren't pretty. 

Next on this list: get crafty with my mother dearest.  We will be working on this lovely project.  I may or may not have several wine/champagne bottles from our holiday party.


I will update you on the wrapping and crafting for sure.  I have other projects up my sleeve, but I don't quite know when they'll get done.  It's my brother K's birthday this weekend and then Boyfriend B's on the 23rd.  Then there is that really fun day, Christmas, you know? So life will be a tad busy, and I want to enjoy being home with the ones I love.  Maybe I'll just make them all craft with me? That sounds like a great idea if I do say so myself.  

Most challenging task of the day: packing the car.  Dearest dad, be warned as you will not be pleased when you see how much I'm bringing home.  And to answer your question in advance, no I will not wear all of the clothes over break that I'm bringing home, but a girl needs options.  Thanks for understanding.  You're the best.

Do you have any tips on how to pack lighter?  Any signature wrapping up your sleeves?

6 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Those bottles are gorgeous, Carly! I've decided to be DONE with decor for this year, but I've started my list for next year, they're on it!!

Can't wait for you to share the details!

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Good luck with your crafting!! I'm sure it will turn out lovely! Enjoy your winter break -- they don't happen in the real world (unless you make one - like me) xo

Johanna said...

Packing up the car is my least favorite activity...that and the 8 million trips it takes to get everything in. Oy!

Katrina - Dot Dot Dash said...

gorgeous decorations!

Daniela said...

I love those bottles! We had a few left over from the weekend and I put them in the recycling but now I wish I had kept them.
And no tips on how to pack - I over pack every time. lol

Val said...

Those bottles are spectacular!