3.06.2012

Tasty Tuesday

Look at me branching out and doing a recipe post (well, besides cake batter cookies).  I have been cooking and baking a lot more often recently and have loved every second of it.

Laura from Beauty and the Beard shared this amazing recipe on her blog awhile back, and I'm pretty sure that I drooled while reading her post.


This is my version.  No need to post the steps because Laura already did that fabulously well. I only had a couple changes because I was being cheap at the store and using what I had (i.e. lazy), but I'm pretty sure it tasted just as great (in my humble opinion).   Here are my changes in bold:

- A glass baking dish
-1 lb of gnocchi
-2 Tbsp butter
-2-3 tsp minced garlic--lazy route
-1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup non-fat milk
-1/2 cup gruyere-swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup 4 Cheese Italian mix
- 1/2 cup 5 Cheese Italian mix
-1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Sprinkle basil seasoning on top--cheap route

I also may have put in generous 1/2 cups of cheese when the recipe called for it. That's just the inner Wisconsin girl in me though. I made this last week with a friend who only had almond milk, and it tasted just as great as the first time I made it in case that is the milk you prefer.

Thanks for the recipe, Laura, and be sure to stop by her blog for step by step instructions!

19 comments:

(Eileen) a creative day said...

ummm YUM. do you want to come over and make this for me?????

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

YUM!!!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my goodness, delish! One to try for sure!

christin said...

holy crap balls. i need to make this. and eat the entire thing. and promptly feel terrible about myself later.

Anonymous said...

That looks devine! I must make it asap...love easy recipes :)

XO
Emmy
www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com

TheWhitList said...

I need to try some recipes! This is inspiration!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

This looks dangerously awesome!

Laura said...

Yum looks delicious!

viv said...

This looks ridiculously good. I'm a cheese lover at heart!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Gnocchi is my favorite! Looks delish!!

xx

Jen

Champagne Cocktails, Cashmere Dreams said...

this look so scrumptious! Oh the bubbling cheese!! yum yum yum!

http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com

la petite fashionista said...

this sounds all kind of amazing. my gramma had a mean homemade mac & cheese recipe that i like to break out when i'm missing home. the wisconsin girl in me, is totally fine w/ excessive amounts of cheese as well :D

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Yummmmm! This looks delish Carly! :)

Laura said...

Hands down the most i've ever been linked to in a post- you are the sweetest thing ever!!! Glad you loved the recipe lady!

Alexa said...

Oh wow wow! This looks so amazing!

Lisa said...

This sounds AMAZING! Gruyere is basically my kryptonite :P

L.A. in the bay said...

um..yum!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohh my goodness this looks great! I have never cooked with gnocchi but I am intrigued now!

Mae B said...

oh my! this looks amazing