11.27.2011

Pillows for Couch Cushions

Now don't get me wrong, I love throw pillows, as noted here, but I just can't decide how I feel about the use of them in this trend.  I'm going to need your help on this one. Pillows for couch cushions?  I'm sorry but any guy who tries to sit in this chaos will not be pleased when they can't get comfortable to watch ESPN TV (Boyfriend B would you agree??)

I love the styling of these rooms, but once again, pillows instead of couch cushions?  I could absolutely see this in a living room, but definitely not a family room.  While we're talking about living rooms, why doesn't anyone ever sit in them? Can we do something about that?

 

 

So, what do you think? Would you do this in your home or apartment or just stick to a couple throw pillows?

6 comments:

Mahesha said...

Throw pillows look great. But they are not the most comfortable things. I wouldn't have them on a couch where we sit often. They usually end up on my lap instead of supporting my back. :)

pam {simple details} said...

They would get nixed very quicky in my house by my ESPN watching boys!

Jena Roach said...

I'm pretty sure my hubs would kill me if I did pillows for cushions. I love the look of it, it's just not very practical! I love pillows though. They just brighten up a room so easily! :)

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Seems to be a common trend: do not try this at home if living with boys. Boyfriend B was visiting and so I had him read the post, and he quickly said he agreed and got right back to watching ESPN, while sitting comfortably with only one throw pillow next to him. That about sums it up. I still think they're really pretty just not practical.

Blair Friedeman said...

Such a good point! I love this look but think I prefer proper sofa cushions with a few lovely fabric adorned throw pillows!

matratzen said...

Well, what to say about this amazingly beautiful interior design. I am so crazy for all such things and i loved it.